Item number: Tri009
- Fossil: Trilobite, Liexiaspis zhengjiaensi
- Formation: Lower Ordovician, Tremadocian, Yinchufu Formation, about 480 million years old
- Locality: Liexi, Hunan, China
- Size: about 5 cm/ 1.97 inches long
- Signed certificate of authenticity included
Description: This Liexiaspis is a very rare and very well preserved trilobite from the Ordovician of China. The shell preservation is exceptionally good for the finding region. Most of the offered specimens are worn off and/or were damaged during the commercial preparation, which is unfortunately too often very roughly done. Due to the careful and detailed preparation of this specimen, the shell details could be preserved (see pores at the cephalon). The fossil presents itself harmoniously on a nice slab of natural stone.
As with all of my fossils, this specimen is accompanied by a signed certificate of authenticity.